Rhema



Logos: refers to the Inspired Word of God
Rhema:  refers a verse of Scripture that the Holy Spirit brings to our attention with application to a current situation or need for direction.

If you spend time in the Word of God, pray, and seek the face of God, Rhema is probably something you can easily relate to. I believe, however, that it often happens to all people, even those who never read the Bible, pray, or seek God's face. Rhema occurs when Logos (the Word of God) comes to life for us individually! It seems like this happens all the time for me lately which is absolutely amazing! Today, I got to witness Rhema occurring in the lives of others, which is equally amazing.

When I visited my grandmother the other day, I left several index cards with Bible verses written on them.  I just randomly picked these verses because I thought they would bring her comfort in the hospital. My mom has been reading them to her at night and some of the nurses have reading the verses to her as well. My mom told me today that a few of the nurses have commented that the verses they have read to my grandmother were really meant for them. God is using those random Bible verses on index cards to speak into the lives of those precious care-givers. That is RHEMA! The Word being brought to life in a specific situation for an individual person. 

Today I am thankful that the Word of God is ALIVE! I often feel as though the words on the pages of my Bible are jumping off the page at me and because of that, I have fallen in love with reading my Bible! I am also thankful that God is using those little index cards to touch the hearts of my grandmother and her nurses. It amazes me how one verse of scripture can be meaningful in so many ways to so many different people at the same time. 
Thank you Lord, for Rhema!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes