Our Little Theologian

Dylan, my four year old "wild" child, has become quite the theologian! 


Tonight, during our prayer time, Dylan prayed for a family member that is lost. His prayer sounded a lot like this "God,  please help ______ to  let Jesus into his heart and help him to let You be the Boss of his life.  Jesus, I don't want you to have to die and be broken again because I don't want you to be sad. Please, oh please, let ________ know that You died for him and that You want him to be in Heaven one day.  I am glad that God never sleeps and that when I am asleep, You are awake.  Thank you that I can pray anytime and that You always hear my prayers. I always, always, always love You. In Jesus Name, Amen." You could just hear the sincerity in his voice. It was precious!

When the prayer was done, Dylan said he hopes our family member asks Jesus to be in his heart soon because he knows that is the only way to go to heaven. He said "I know God  lives in my heart because I  asked him to come live there and be the boss of my life."

Yes, I know, Dylan is only 4 but this little fella is filled up with the Spirit! It is contagious too! My Grandma Davis loved to hear about Dylan's prayers. She often said she wanted to pray like Dylan. It impacted her so much that we had Dylan record a prayer to be played at her funeral. She would have loved it.

Today I am thankful that my sweet "baby man" is learning so much about God. He is able to verbalize what he knows and pray like crazy! I love to hear him pray and I am grateful that prayer is becoming such an important part of his life. I think God has big things in store for this little theologian! I am thankful to be a part of what God is up to in his little life.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes