Victorious



Who can separate us from the love of Christ? Can affliction or anguish or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than victorious through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that not even death or life, angels or rulers,things present or things to come, hostile powers,height or depth, or any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!
Romans 8:35, 37-39


During my quiet time this morning I studied Romans 8:35,37-39. I've read these verses several times before but as I read these verses today, I feel in love with them. This has to be one of the best promises in the Bible! The passage asks, "who can separate us from the love of Christ?" and then in turn, it answers, "NOTHING!" Wow, that is so reassuring! It also says that no matter what we are facing, we are more than victorious! Victory doesn't mean we'll always get what we want but it does mean that God is working things out for our good and we can be sure that He is leading us in the right direction. We are victorious because of Jesus and His love for us! One of my friends on Facebook, Jim, shared that the Greek word for "victorious" is only used this one time in Scripture. I think that reveals how special this word is! It also means "more than conquerors" or SUPER conquerors. So, because of what Jesus has done for us, because of His love for us, we enter every situation as a SUPER conqueror. We already have victory from affliction, anguish, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger or sword before we even encounter it. How amazing is that? Knowing that we are conquerors in Jesus should give us the confidence enter any circumstance without fear. Regardless of what tomorrow holds, I already know that I will be MORE than victorious because Jesus says so! 

Today I am thankful for victory! As I look back over my 30 years, its easy to see how I've been victorious in the past. But to know that I will be more than victorious as I look toward the future, gives me an overwhelming peace. I have been known as a bit of a worrier in the past (and even in the present) but knowing that I already have victory, no matter what may come, removes all worry and anxiety. I am also grateful that NOTHING can separate me from the love of Christ. Nothing. These verses of Scripture are so full of rich, life-giving truths. If I can remember that nothing will ever separate me from God's love and that I will be a conqueror regardless of what obstacles I face, I can face tomorrow with joy instead of worry. I've also never been so grateful to have my name (Tori). It will help me to remember that I am vicTORIous!
And so are you!

Comments

  1. vicTORIous - love it! And AMEN on that "nothing" that can separate us from our Savior's love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes