Transplanted...

"How happy is the man
who does not follow the advice of the wicked
or take the path of sinners
or join a group of mockers!

Instead, his delight is in the Lord’s instruction,
and he meditates on it day and night.

He is like a tree planted beside streams of water
that bears its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers." 
Psalm 1:1-3



Its amazing how God speaks to each of us in different ways. I was really able to see this today at Bible study. Psalm 1:1-3 was among the the verses we meditated on during the week and today we shared what we felt God was teaching us through the verses. As everyone shared, I felt God tapping me on my shoulder.


One person shared that her Pastor recently taught on these verses. She explained that the word "planted" can mean "transplanted." All week I have been reading this as though "planted" meant that those who delight in the Lord's instruction and mediate on His word are making a choice to be planted by streams of water. (Streams of water refers to situations that allow us to flourish and grow). After hearing that the word can mean "transplanted," I now understand that there are times when those who delight in the Lord and meditate on His Word are picked up and moved closer to the streams of water. 

Tap, Tap, Tap



That is exactly what happened to me! When I began to delight in the Lord and live my life for Him, God picked me up and placed me near the streams. He knew where I would prosper. He knew that I would eventually have 2 little boys that would need their mother to stay home with them and teach them. He knew that I would grow as wife, mother, and friend if I was able to devote most of my time to those roles. He knew that I would learn to love Him with all my heart, mind, and soul once He moved me closer to the streams. Even though there are scars from the transplant process and it was very difficult, I am growing and finding joy. While being transplanted, I couldn't see what God was doing but now, I am pleased with what He has done for me. I am happy, as the psalmist said.


Today I am thankful that God transplanted me closer to the stream; the stream where I would grow and find true joy. I am thankful that He is in complete control and I can trust that where He plants me is the absolute best place for me. I am also grateful for opportunities to hear how God is speaking to fellow believers in Christ. If it weren't for the discussion time during this Summer Bible study, I would have never heard these thoughts on Psalm 1:1-3. It is wonderful to know that if I keep my focus on my Father, delight in Him, and meditate on His Word, He will do whatever it takes to help me flourish and grow. I can trust that if I stay close to Him, He will not fail me. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes