Paper Dolls

Yesterday, while listening to KLOVE, I heard the morning show hosts sharing about their "Love Around the World" ministry. Scott Smith, one of the hosts, will be traveling around the world sharing love to children in desperate need. Listeners can support this ministry by sponsoring a child that Scott will be in contact with. We can also be a part of this ministry by sending a paper doll and a note to those same children.

Did you play with paper dolls as a kid? I did! I remember it distinctly. I would probably play with them now, if I had a little girl to play with! When I heard the idea of sending a paper doll with a note to an impoverished child, I couldn't wait to get home and get started. I knew the boys enjoy it as well.

Dylan really enjoyed coloring his paper doll!

Dylan's paper doll

Evan scribbled but it is still sweet.

Putting on the stamp....


We colored the paper dolls, wrote a little note, cut out the dolls, and got them ready to put in the mail. We also prayed for the kids that will be receiving our paper dolls. Dylan and Evan really liked making something for another child. Dylan hopes we'll hear back from the children so we made sure to put our address on the back of the dolls. 

Today I am thankful for this simple opportunity to share the love of Jesus with children around the world. It couldn't have been much easier. Just go to this link and print off the paper dolls. Color them, write your note, pray over the dolls, and mail them to KLOVE. I think its wonderful that KLOVE is providing such an easy way for its listeners to participate in this ministry. I am also grateful that my children enjoy being a blessing to others. Its our prayer that the children that receive our paper dolls will know they are cared for and that Jesus loves them! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes