Let it shine!

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

A few days ago my friend Melissa shared Matthew 5:16 with me. As I watched Dylan deliver all of his diapers to the Pregnancy Care Center today, I felt like jumping up and down and yelling, "Let it shine, baby, let it shine!"



I couldn't be more proud of Dylan than I am today. He was beaming as he carried his diapers and wipes into the Pregnancy Care Center this morning and so was I!! He was also beyond excited to meet a couple of the babies that will be benefiting from all of his hard work. The morning was just wonderful! I loved seeing my son letting his light shine!



Before we left the center, Deborah, the lady in charge, gave Dylan a special pin as a way to say "thank you." The pin has children holding hands, standing in a circle. She said the pin represented all the children of the world and should remind Dylan that he has been a blessing to God's precious children. Dylan wore the pin the rest of the day. It was so cute to see him wear it so proudly! 




Today gratitude is bursting at the seams of my heart. God has blessed us with an amazing son who isn't afraid to let his light shine! My prayer is that he would always be so bold and willing to be used by God. I also pray that Evan will allow God to use him and that he would let his light shine, just like his big brother. There is no telling what God might do through the two of them! I am incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to support Dylan as he raised over $1,000! I am also thankful that Dylan's efforts have been recognized by all the local news channels. These are the types of stories people need to see; stories of people letting their light shine! Stories that whisper the goodness of God!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes