Memories....

A year ago today I lost my Grandma Davis. Seven months before that my Grandma Doris passed away. I've been thinking a lot about those ladies today. It is kind of sad to know that both of my grandmothers are no longer with us. I've finally entered the time of my life where I would truly appreciate their help and advice with my little family. Actually, these days, I would grab at the chance to hear their stories about life, listen to them pray, or even just hear them laugh. Its too bad that we don't realize how much others have to offer until the opportunity is no longer available. 

In the year since Grandma Davis passed I have tried to follow in her foot steps in a couple of ways. I made her famous Moravian cookies at Christmas and I canned her homemade strawberry preserves this spring. I've also thought a lot about being a "Proverbs 31" woman. Last year, right after she passed, I wrote a blog about Grandma Davis called, "Many women have done wonderful things but you've outclassed them all." That blog post shared all the reasons I'd love to be like my Grandma Davis. She was a beautiful picture of the Proverbs 31 lady! While thinking of all the ways I'd like emulate her, I realized that she truly left a legacy and that legacy lives on in my memories!

Today I am thankful for both of my grandmothers. Although I miss them, I am thankful for the many years I had with each of them and for all the things they taught me. I am also grateful for the memories I have of them and for the legacies they left. Memories are truly a gift from God! Even though material items come and go, relationships begin and end, and every life must come to a close at some point, the memories remain. These precious memories cannot be taken away so, I will cherish each of them!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes