Extra, Extra, Read (AND WATCH) All About It



Wow, this has been an amazing day! I'm tired but so excited for Dylan! We started the day by reading the newspaper article about Dylan's Diaper Doozie on the High Point Enterprise webpage. Dylan was super happy to see his picture on the website but even more thrilled when he got to see it in the actual newspaper. Of course, we had to buy several copies of it! Around 10:00am WFMY News 2 called to ask if we would like to appear on the 5 o'clock news! When I asked Dylan he immediately yelled, "YES!"




After a busy afternoon preparing to be on TV, we arrived at the WMFY New 2 station around 4:30pm. Everyone at the station knew exactly who we were. They all called Dylan by name and eagerly shared their excitement with us. By 5:08 we were in the studio with the news anchors. By 5:15 we were on the news, LIVE! By 5:35 we were on our way home. It was a very quick experience but definitely one we will never forget! The News 2 crew was fabulous! I couldn't have asked for more energetic and kind people to work with. Dylan had a blast too! When we left he said he couldn't wait to do that again!






Since getting home we have been preparing for tomorrow's big yard sale and lemonade stand! Dylan also enjoyed watching himself on the news (we DVR'd it to watch as soon as we got home.) 


Today I am thankful for this amazing experience! Bryan and I kept trying to explain to Dylan how uncommon this opportunity is. I mean, not many 5 year olds have articles written about them in the newspaper AND get to be on the news in the same day! To say this mommy is "bursting with pride" is an understatement, for sure! I am also thankful for the High Point Enterprise staff as well as the News 2 staff. This remarkable experience was made even more pleasant because of all the encouraging people we've worked with. 


Mostly, I am overwhelmingly grateful that my Lord and Savior is using my son! Earlier today Dylan said, "Mommy, I'm reflecting Jesus just like the moon reflects the sun!" I could barely get the words out but I simply responded, "Yes, baby, you are!" As much as Bryan and I would like to take credit for Dylan's gentle spirit and willingness to serve others, its not us! Yes, we teach him and pray over him but his servant's heart and loving attitude come from Jesus! Dylan loves Jesus and he is using this opportunity to love others the way Jesus does. What an amazing blessing it is to be able to watch as God uses Dylan!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes