Just to show us He loves us....

When Dylan achieved his $500 goal in the Diaper Doozie, Bryan and I decided to take him to Tweetsie Railroad as a way of showing him how proud of him we are. We didn't really have the money and we were concerned how we would pay for everything. The next day, our friend Jordan won free tickets to Tweetsie and gave them to us! Since Dylan crossed the $1,000 mark yesterday, we celebrated by spending this afternoon at Tweetsie. Dylan has been super excited about riding a real steam train but he was even more excited because he got to bring his friend Brycen along!

So, we headed to Blowing Rock after church today. On the way it started pouring down rain and the boys were pretty bummed. Dylan asked me to pray and ask God to take the rain away so, of course, I did. By the time we pulled into Tweetsie, the rain had stopped. Brycen and Dylan both squealed with excitement because God answered our prayers. I reminded them that God not only made the rain stop, He is the One that blessed us with these free tickets and helped Dylan get to $1,000! I said, "Its like God keeps doing all these little things just to show us how much He loves us!" They both agreed happily and hurried in through the gates.

Evan, Dylan, and Brycen are ready to board the steam train.
The rain did return momentarily and we all ended up wearing ponchos for a couple of minutes but it didn't ruin our fun. The afternoon was terrific. We all had enjoyed ourselves. Dylan said his favorite part was riding the steam train and Brycen said he really enjoyed riding the helicopters.










My favorite part was riding the ferris wheel. The boys weren't interested in riding it so Bryan stayed with them. I rode the ferris wheel alone and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was on the side of the mountain and the view was gorgeous. As I went around and around, feeling the wind in my hair, I could feel my Heavenly Father's love all around me. He has been so present, so active, so amazing over the past couple of weeks. I absolutely love being so aware of Him. I was overwhelmed with gratitude as I rode the ferris wheel.


Today I am thankful for the lovely afternoon we were able to enjoy at Tweetsie Railroad. I honestly feel as though God allowed us to reward Dylan by giving these free tickets to our friend. The way it worked out was amazing! I am also thankful that Dylan and Brycen were so excited about God showing His love for us.  There is nothing better than seeing children grasp how much God loves them. Actually, there is nothing better than seeing anyone grasp that fact. That is what I have been so aware of the past few days...how much God really loves us. All these little things (and few big things) have reminded me that God cares for me and is involved in every aspect of my life. I am so grateful that God takes the time to make sure I truly grasp His love for me. Why would He go to so much trouble just to show us He loves us? Because, that is how much He loves us!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes