With You is Where I Want to Be


  
Our family has recently started attending a new church. We absolutely loved the church we used to attend but God was calling us somewhere else. It took several weeks and many visits to other churches but we finally found the place where God was leading us! Our new church is called Hope City. It currently meets in the cafeteria of a high school. While it is a young church and still building its first sanctuary , this church is amazing! It is the perfect fit for our family. We are so grateful that God has directed us to Hope City.

Today during worship we sang a new song that I feel in love with. There is no doubt that this song will be played over and over in my house this week! It's called Shepherd by Bethel Music. I love the entire song but I just had to share something special about one small part. Part of the lyrics say,
"Oh, How I love you. You have not forsaken me. Oh, How I love you. Where you are is where I want to be." We sang that several times. During one of those times I just stopped singing and listened to the many voices singing out. It was so pretty. Then, it was as if I heard God singing those words to me. The voice clearly sang, "Where you are is where I want to be!"

I know it might not make sense to some people, but it was incredible. To know that God wants to be where I am....that means more to me than I could ever explain. I have struggled always with feeling like He loves me just because He loves everyone, not because He truly loves me individually. I guess I've honestly wondered, am I even really loved by anyone or deserving of love at all. I know that's deep...sorry! This past year or so, God has been showing me, time after time, that He loves ME because He wants to, not because He has to or because He wants anything from me. He chooses to love me. He doesn't just tolerate me, He treasures me!

I'm telling you, if you open your heart up to Jesus and share your worries and fears, He will find little ways to clear up your doubts and answer your questions. It won't look the same for everyone. It won't make sense to everybody but that doesn't matter! It doesn't have to be a certain way or even make sense because God can do whatever He wants! We serve a Mighty, Wonderful God who wants us to truly see that He loves us! He wants to be where we are! I am so grateful for that truth today and for His sweet voice telling me just what I needed to hear today!

If you'd like to hear the song, here's the link...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes