Why I raise my hands in worship....

At church yesterday the Pastor gave a very good explanation to a question that many folks may often ask. The question: "Why do people raise their hands during worship?" The answer: "Like a child desiring to be picked up by its mother or father, we want God to pick us up, carry us, and take us to places that we can't go on our own." 

I have never heard anyone ask or answer that question actually. But I did love the visual he gave because I think that is exactly right for me. I'll admit it, I am hand raiser, that's for sure. I just can't help myself! When I am singing praises to my Father, my hands are lifted, its just the way I worship. If anyone ever asked me why, I think our Pastor's answer would be the perfect one. I am reaching toward my Heavenly Father. I want Him to know my love for Him and carry me through this life. With all my heart, I want to be closer to Him, I want Him to hold me. That is why I lift my hands.


I know people worship in many different ways. I also know that God loves the way you worship, however that may look! I just loved this reason for so many hands lifted high on Sunday mornings. (Funny thing is, you'll find my hands lifted high on a Tuesday in my car too! Haha) 
Wherever, whenever, however, let our hearts rejoice as we seek our Lord!

"Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice."      1 Chronicles 16:10

Today I am thankful for the picture of a child reaching up to his mother or father. That is why I lift my hands. That is what worshiping is all about! Showing love and adoration to our Father, reaching out to Him and desiring to know Him more. I am also grateful for the wonderful teaching at Hope City! We sure do love this church God has lead our family too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes