I love you to Infinity!

Tyson signing "I love you!"
Ever since Dylan was tiny little thing, Bryan and I have shown "love" in sign language when say "I love you." Once he got a little bigger I started saying, "I love you to infinity" with him. As Evan has grown over the years we also began teaching him to sign "love" and we often say, "I love you to infinity." So, that has become my way I've telling my boys how much I care for them and they often do the same thing, when telling me how much they love me.

Tyson has recently picked up on the special way our family says "I love you." This morning he started trying to do the sign language for "love." He also tries to say "I love you" with his words. He doesn't say it quite right or do the sign perfectly but it doesn't matter. he is absolutely adorable. I love watching him communicate in this way. He probably told me that he loved me 15 times this morning. He was so proud of himself and loved our reaction every time he told us he loved us!

Today I am thankful for love. No matter how you say or how you show it, love is such a precious gift between families. I truly enjoy hearing my boys and my hubby tell me they love me but I also love being able to express my love for them! I am grateful that God gave us love. No other species loves the way we do. Some may show affection and take care of one another but only humans love like we do. That makes sense though because God made us in His image and God is Love. I am thankful for God's love and for the love we share with one another. I love my boys to infinity and they know it!!! What a sweet gift that is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes