From the mouths of babes....

Recently Evan had some very profound words to share with me. I haven't been able to shake the conversation I had with my little 4 year old. Sometimes the things my kids say just blow my mind!

Evan asked me, "Mommy, don't you wish your back would feel better?" I responded by saying, "No, not really. If my back hadn't gotten hurt, I wouldn't be able to be home with all of you. I would have to go to work every day and you would have to go to daycare and I would miss spending all day with you and your brothers. God truly used my back injury for good in our lives and I wouldn't change it." Evan then said, "Well, Mommy, God did that and I'm glad but He's already done it and He isn't undoing it so why don't you pray and ask Him to heal your back now?" I replied, "Well, that is an excellent question! You're right, I probably should!" Evan then quickly asked me if I wanted to pray right then.

WOW!!!

Honestly, I haven't thought much about praying for healing. I've dealt with this pain for so many years and I've seen God use it in so many wonderful ways, I've just become "ok" with it. Hearing Evan ask me these questions with such an excited look on his face made me get a little excited too! God may or may not heal my back but we definitely need to be praying about it! What do we have to loose? 

Today I am thankful for this profound question asked by my sweet Evan. His childlike faith is contagious! Evan believes that God can heal my back without the littlest bit of doubt! I have prayed over my back for years and and years but I knew God was using this injury to change my life for good so my prayers sounded a little different.  Just like Evan said, God has used my back pain for good and He isn't undoing that so I might as well start praying for healing. If God chooses not to heal me, I'll be ok with that because I know how worthwhile this pain has been but if He chooses to heal me, that would be amazing! I needed this reminder and I'm grateful that God is always using my boys to teach me and point me in the right direction.



<

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes