The Beginning of a New Year!

Our Christmas Break was wonderful and we really didn't want it to end but we got back into the swing of things today. I decided to start a new schedule and set of things for the boys to do before any screen time is allowed in our home. I was worried that they might hate that idea but they did VERY well with it! As soon as our morning started they were making beds, putting laundry away, doing their quiet times, reading books, doing a creative activity, and completing all school work. I was so proud of them! There was also very little arguing! WAHOOO!!!!

Evan during "reading time"
Building with Legos for their "Creative Time"
School work!
We spent part of our day shopping for the three kiddos we sponsor through World Vision and Compassion International. The boys always enjoying shopping for Ever Rolando and Sibango. We also love shopping for Rose but Compassion international doesn't allow us to mail very much to her so they picked out stickers and very thin hair bows so they would fit in the appropriate envelope. Dylan wrote letters and Evan drew pictures to put inside their packages. They truly had so much fun with this!!
Working on some special packages!
He's toooooo big now!
Today I am thankful for the beginning of a new year with my students (which are also my sweet little boys!) Today was wonderful with our new schedule and list of things to accomplish. It makes me excited about the rest of our school year! I am also thankful for the hearts of my sweet boys. They put so much thought into picking the gifts for the children we support. They spent a lot time making their drawings and writings just perfect. I loved watching them and I'm so glad that they want to be blessing to others!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes