When it rains, it pours!

This has been a pretty rough week for me because I've been really sick. I've spent the past 4 days at home and my sweet family has taken really good care of me. I also found out today (after my doctor noticed a large crack in my fusion on an x-ray) that the spinal fusion surgery I had in 2010 may have failed. This would explain all the pain I've been in. Once I have another scan done, my spinal surgeon and I will discuss having another spinal fusion surgery. This is not at all what I was expecting to hear. Have you ever heard the expression, "when it rains, it pours?" That's the way I feel this week! 

Its a good thing that I have faith in the One who can walk on water, heal the blind, and turn water into wine! This week has been a lot to handle but God has given me peace. I know He is sovereign and has my best interest in mind. When I ponder the what-ifs, the questions, and the future...God is already there. He is not shaken or thrown off guard. Thank goodness! 

Today I am thankful for the peace that God has given me during this "rainy" week. I am also grateful because He has given me two precious boys and a loving husband to bring me joy during a time that could be really frustrating and sad. He is so good to me that even in rough times my hope in Him is unchanged. 

"Our Hope endures the worst of conditions. It's more than our optimism. Let the earth quake. Our Hope is unchanged." ~Grant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes