"Just Bring It To Me"

Although I am fully confident that God's ways are perfect even when we don't understand them, I am also human. So, last night, in the middle of the night, my mind starting whirling about the possibility of having to have spinal fusion surgery again. You've probably had similar midnight mind-racing sessions. This is what the dialogue in my mind sounded like:

"I don't know if I can go through that again. What if it doesn't work again? Will I have to have one of those Grandma toilets again? I got rid of the last one, will worker's comp pay for another one? I am NOT buying a granny toilet! How will I take care of my sweet baby, Evan? I don't want Bryan to be stuck doing everything for me and our boys. (The tears are flowing at this point) I hope he doesn't start to regret marrying me. Why does this stuff always happen to me? etc, etc, etc"

(Wow, I can't believe I just let you into my mind!)

So, this morning, during my quiet time, I asked God to speak to me because I was desperate for a Word from Him. A little while later I was reading an email from a missionary. As I read I noticed that Hebrews 4:16 was at the bottom of the email. It says,  “So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.” Then, while checking facebook, I noticed I AM SECOND'S status. It said "Give it up, give it to God!" And just a few minutes later, Dylan was playing with a lego firehouse set and he couldn't get something to work right. He started to whine and fuss. So, I hear myself say "Its okay, just bring it to me and I will help you." As soon as I said it, it repeated over and over again in my head.

"It's okay, just bring it to me and I will help you."


Okay, God! I hear You!

Just as I am more than willing to help my sweet little boy, God wants to help me. He knows what I am facing and He will be with me through it all. He knows that as humans we worry and let our minds race but He wants more for me. He wants me to bring it all to Him. Just as the facebook status said, I can "give it up and give it to God!" 

Today I am thankful for the way God speaks to us, reminding us who He is. I am also grateful that even though life isn't easy, we can bring our cares and concerns to Him and He is faithful to help us. 

 “So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.” 
Hebrews 4:16

 Praise God!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes