The Lion and The Lamb

I heard this story in MOMS yesterday:

One day a young lady was walking through a zoo. She leaned over a low fence to pet a lamb. The lamb reached up and licked her hand. "Ah," she thought, "that was sweet." She continued on along the pathway when she started to notice everyone around her pointing and screaming. Their faces were covered in fear and their voices screeched in terror. As she turned around she saw a ferocious lion racing towards her. She didn't know what to do so she cowered in horror. As the lion came closer he began to slow down and walk up to her. She looked up into the lion's eyes and he licked her hand.

Imagine you were that young lady, which lick would mean the most to you? 


Our Heavenly Father is loving, faithful and patient like a lamb but He is also powerful, courageous and unwavering like a lion. When I heard the story above, I pictured an enormous lion running toward me with the ability to rip my body into shreds. When the story teller stopped and said, "he licked her hand," I was so shocked! That isn't at all what I expected to hear. 

In reality, God's love and kindness isn't what is expected of a Great and Mighty God! He doesn't have to love us. He doesn't need us. He could wipe us out and start over at any time BUT He doesn't. He chooses to loves us. He longs for us to cry out to Him. He woos us and calms us. He reaches out to us and saves us. His love means so much to me because its so unexpected and undeserved. Today I am thankful that the our awesome, powerful and majestic God takes the time to know us and care for us. His presence is like that of a lion but the way He interacts with us is like that of lamb. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes