A good role model...

Today we celebrated the life of  Darwin Lee Smith, Bryan's loving Popop. I've learned a lot about this man over the past few days and heard a lot of amazing stories. He was a strong, quiet, gentle man that always put others first. He was selfless, loving, patient and had a heart for God. He served his country in WWII and served his wife for 59 years. He was a wonderful father and grandfather. He was a fearless fire fighter for most of his adult life and helped serve fire fighters once he retired. He loved his family and would do anything he could for his fellow man. Even though I was just the girlfriend/wife of his grandson, Popop always made me feel like a part of the family and I will truly miss him.

I can see a lot of these traits in my husband. I'm sure he learned these things from his Popop. I imagine that Bryan will pass the traits along to our boys. Today I am thankful for role models like Popop. The world could use more men like this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes