Electricity!

We spent the afternoon in Lancaster, PA....otherwise known as Amish Country. The best part was the Horse and Buggy ride. Dylan and Bryan got to ride in the front of the buggy with the driver. It was really neat to ride around the town in a horse and buggy and hear about the Amish life. I am truly intrigued by the way they live their lives. I can't imagine living without lights, TV, cars, cell phones, washing machines and dryers, air conditioning, etc. I just don't know how they do it!

It may sound a little silly but today I am thankful for electricity and everything that comes along with it. I am thankful that I live a "non-Amish" lifestyle although I do admire the Amish for their ability to stay true to their beliefs in a world that strongly opposes those beliefs.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes