Sharing Christmas With Others!

Each year our Connection Class (otherwise known as Sunday School class or small group) buys Christmas gifts for a family in need. This year was no exception. Our class collected money and I went today and used that money to buy lots of nice gifts for a 6 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. It was so much fun!  I'll admit it, I really enjoyed picking out some little girl things! I tried to get it all done while Dylan was in LIFE classes (classes with other homeschooled kids) but I had to run to one more store after I picked him up. He enjoyed helping me so much it made me wish I had taken him to all the stores! He loved picking out items for other kids!

When we got home Dylan and Evan helped me wrap the gifts. I was a little nervous because of Evan's excitement over the scissors but they did a really good job! It was sweet to watch them wrap presents for other children. They never asked if the toys were theirs, which really surprised me!

I was able to get so many nice things!!
Evan and the scissors....oh my!
Dylan liked using the tape....some of the gifts may have quite a bit of tape!
The final product....
After we wrapped the gifts we sat down and discussed why our class collected money, why we bought gifts, and why we wrapped them. Then we prayed for the children by name. I absolutely loved hearing my boys praying for other kids in our area! What sweet privilege that is! 

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to bless another family with gifts this Christmas season. I love shopping and wrapping! This type of service is right up my alley! I am thankful for the opportunity to tell this family, "Jesus Loves You!" Plus, sharing this opportunity with my boys was extra special. I am grateful for the teachable moments times like this allows. It's important for our family to realize how much God has blessed us with and take a few moments to serve and pray for others. My boys really enjoyed it too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes