Cub Scouts!

Tonight Dylan's cub scout troop went to a local nursing home to sing Christmas carols. We decided to make it a family affair because we always enjoy bringing a smile to the faces of the elderly. My boys are so good with unfamiliar people. They always have a good time! The cub scouts did a great time singing. All the residents were singing along too. It's so sweet to watch them respond to the children. Evan wanted to sing too, so once the scouts were done, he climbed on the lap of a resident and sang the ABC's to her...a personal concert! She LOVED it!!!! He also wanted to stand at the front of the room and sing Jingle Bells so of course, I stood with him and sang. He has such a big heart! 



A cute group of cub scouts! (and a few girl scouts)
Evan singing "ABC's" to one of the residents
Dylan handing out candy to the residents.
Evan doing his "concert,"
Today I am thankful for Dylan's cub scout troop. He's only been a cub scout for a few months but he's already been on a camping trip, in a parade and caroling at a nursing home. He loves being a cub scout and I am so glad that he's learning valuable morals, values, and life skills. I am also grateful that my boys enjoy visiting the elderly. They've both been in nursing homes many times in their lives so they aren't shy at all. I consider it a privilege to visit the elderly so I am thankful to have some little ones that enjoy it too! I know they bring so much joy to the residents! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes