Moravian Cookies...yum!

I've been making Moravian cookies since I was a very little girl. My Grandma Davis invited all of her grandchildren over to her home every Christmas to make Moravian cookies. She was the best at it!! Since she passed away I've started making these yummy treats with my little guys. I even get to use her rolling pin, board for rolling, and some of her cookie cutters. Every time I make these cookies I feel her smiling down on me. She'd be so happy to know that this tradition is being carried on!

The boys LOVE helping me make Moravian cookies. They enjoy rolling the dough, picking out cookie cutters and cutting each cookie. They also like to eat them! I like that the dough makes so many cookies so I can give them as gifts and take them to all our holiday parties. Plus, it makes so many cookies that I can invite friends and family over to make cookies! So, if anyone wants to make some, just let me know! I made hundreds of cookies today and have enough dough to make at least that many again.

We're ready!! 
BIG helpers!
They really enjoy rolling the dough!
Yum!
We made a ton today!
We'll make just as many another day soon!
Don't you love Evan's hand-painted cookie jar on top?

Today I am thankful for all the memories I have making these cookies with my grandmother. As I roll the dough, I see her hands. As I use her cookie cutters, I see her using those exact ones. As I store them the way she taught me, I am so grateful for the example she was to me and for all the things she taught me. I am also grateful for the opportunity to carry on the tradition with my children and other family members. I know Grandma Davis is pleased to know that we are still making her wonderful Moravian cookies!

My Grandma Davis the last time we made Moravian cookies together


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes