The Power's Out!!

Bryan and I woke up this morning around 5:30am to an enormous boom. It was a transformer blowing out. This crazy ice storm knocked down trees all over the neighborhood. It even split a tree in half in our neighbor's yard. Thankfully no one was hurt and I don't think there is any damage to the homes in our neighborhood. 

When the boys woke up and we told them that the power was out, Dylan kept screaming, "The power's out, the power's out!" I don't know if it scared him or excited him! Thankfully Bryan's parents, who live down the street, had power all day. So we spent the day playing and watching movies at "Grandma's house." Dylan and Evan enjoyed it. Evan even laid with Pawpaw on his bed for almost 2 hours watching Mickey Mouse. Evan never lays still that long!

This afternoon, when it became apparent that power wouldn't be coming back on, Bryan and I decided to book a hotel. With the low being 32 degrees in our area tonight, we knew our little boys would freeze if we stayed. This evening we checked into our hotel and the boys were super duper happy. Who knew spending a night in a hotel was so much fun? We went to dinner at a nearby buffet and then spent then evening watching TV together all snuggled up in pajamas. Dylan and Evan have a had a great night! 

SOOOO excited!
Enjoying the rolls at dinner...
These boys love bread!
Bath time!!!!
Snugglin'
Today I am thankful for a warm hotel to spend the night in. Not only is it nice to be safe and warm but spending the night here has been so much fun for our little boys! We debated on whether or not to get a hotel but I'm so glad we chose to get a room because Bryan's parents ended up losing power too. I am also thankful a warm place to spend the day. I'm not sure where we would have gone if Bryan's parents had lost power sooner. I hate that our neighborhood still has no power but I am still grateful for all the men and women working so hard to restore power. At least 50% of our town has no power so they have a huge job ahead of them. I'm praying for safety for all those working so hard in these cold conditions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes