George Rosenshine

Tonight, while driving back from ToysRus, Dylan asked Bryan and I if we knew George Rosenshine. We responded, "No, never heard of him." He proceeded to tell us the story of Mr. Rosenshine. He told us that he was a first class passenger on the Titanic. He used a fake name, George Thorne, because he was taking this trip on the ship with someone other than his wife. He died when the Titanic sank but no one knew his real name until many years later. 

Bryan and I just looked at each other with confused expressions. Bryan pulled out his phone and quickly looked up George Rosenshine. Sure enough! Every detail of Dylan's story was right. Somehow this kid soaks up every little bit of information he hears. 

Dylan is a HUGE history buff. Anything he reads or hears about the past promptly becomes one of his new favorite topics. He has been reading a lot about the Titanic lately. Yesterday, Bryan recorded a special on the History Channel for Dylan. It was all about the Titanic. Dylan was SUPER excited when he got to watch it. Apparently, this is when he learned all about George Rosenshine. 

Today I am thankful that Dylan loves to learn. He is constantly asking questions and seeking to find out all he can about things that he finds interesting. I am also grateful that he enjoys history. I've never cared much about history so it amazes me to see my 5 year old so interested in things of the past. Our world needs people who care deeply about history! Without Historians, future generations will not know where we came from or the events that shaped us into the people we are today. Mostly, I am grateful for the incredible mind God gave my oldest son. The way he thinks, remembers, and recalls information absolutely amazes me.

Comments

  1. Hi tori and family
    Your writings regarding your relationship with our beloved Lord really inspires me to spend more time with Him..bless you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes