A Brand-New Thing!

“Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?" (Isaiah 43:18-19 MSG)

I heard the verse above from the Message Bible yesterday on KLove. When I heard it, I immediately loved it! I felt like God was speaking right to me. There is no point in spending any time going over what has already happened. Its much more productive for us to let us go of the past and look at the new things God is doing. If we pay attention, we can see that He is always up to something!

As we continue to wait for everything to work out with buying our new house, it can sometimes feel like the waiting will never end. I often find myself thinking back over the steps we taken, all of the things that have happened, wondering what I could have done differently, etc. But now, I feel like God is telling me to stop. Stop looking back. Be alert. Be present in the here and now. He is doing something new and I don't want to miss it!

Tonight, while driving back from a friend's house, Dylan said something that brought such reassurance to my heart. He was telling me that he was really ready to move into our new house and then He said, "but I know God's got a plan." I need to remember that just like my 5 year old does! If I stay focused on what God is doing now, on His plans and His goodness, I can stop looking back and be ready for the new things He is up to!

Today I am thankful that God is doing something BRAND-NEW! My worrying, my impatience, and my looking back will only hurt me and that isn't what God wants for me. He has a plan, he's doing a new thing and He wants me to be alert and present so I don't miss it! I am also grateful for the Word of God. Regardless of the season of life or the circumstance I find myself in, God always speaks to me through His Word. What a sweet gift from the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes