Impromptu Mother-Son date night!

Dylan and I got to go on an impromptu mother-son date this evening! We had to run some errands in Greensboro and then to go to church in High Point so Evan stayed home with Daddy and Dylan and I set out on a little adventure, just the two of us! 

As part of our errands, Dylan went to a doctor's appointment with me. He even got to hear the baby's heart beat! He was so excited. Tonight while saying his prayers he thanked God for letting him hear his baby's heart beat! He also prayed that it would keep growing and stay safe in Mommy's belly. 

We also went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Dylan kept saying he was enjoying our "date." It was adorable. As I tucked him into bed tonight I told him that enjoyed our time together today and he said, "let's go on a date again tomorrow." Sweet boy! I'm so glad he likes spending time with his Mommy!

Silly Boy!
I can't believe how big he is getting!

Today I am thankful for some alone time with my big boy! I think its so important for each child in a family to spend some moments alone with each of their parents. I am also thankful Dylan got to hear Baby #3's heart beat. I think it helps to make it feel more "real" to him. He is so excited about his little brother or sister! Today was a great day! I just love spending quality time with my boys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes