Partying Elmo Style

Today we celebrated the most energetic, fun-loving, rambunctious 2 year old I've ever known. My sweet Evan will be having a birthday this week so we partied hard, Elmo style! 

We enjoyed a party at a park beside Oak Hollow Lake this afternoon. It was a windy afternoon but the kids didn't mind.  They had a blast running all around, playing on the playground, and throwing rocks into the lake. We had lots of yummy food and Evan opened tons of presents. The kiddos played "stick the nose on Elmo" and Evan pretended to blow out the candles on is birthday cake. (The wind was too strong to keep candles lit.) Honestly, I think Evan would have been fine if there were no presents or cake at all, he was having so much fun with all his friends and family. It was a very special day for my very special boy!

Yay!! Its my Elmo party!
Weeeee!

My big 2 year old eating with his friends!

"Happy Birthday to you!"

Stick the nose on Elmo

We had Elmo cookies...
and an Elmo cake!
Today I am thankful for the ability to celebrate the birth of my second son!  He is a huge blessing to our lives so we enjoy making a big deal about his birthday! I am also grateful for all the friends and family that came to be a part of his special Elmo party! We had 46 children and adults at the park today! It warms my heart to see so many people celebrating my precious little guy! I am also incredibly thankful for the joy I saw in Evan's little face today as he played with all his friends and as he heard everyone singing to him. He has been excited for his "Elmo Paaaaty" for weeks now and it ended up even better than I had hoped it would be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes