A Day in the Mountains...

We had an exquisite day in the NC mountains! It was the first time we have explored the mountains with our sweet boys. I think they absolutely loved it!  Today was the perfect day to see the beautiful colors of fall, which is why we went, but that definitely isn't all we did! We started the morning in the Linville Caverns. Dylan and I learned all about caverns this week so it was fun seeing the stalagmites and stalactites in person! Next, we visited the Mast General Store and collected a bag full of candy to enjoy on our day trip. We had lunch at nice little burger joint and then headed to Mystery Hill. If you've never been to Mystery Hill, I recommend it. The house sits on a natural vortex that causes a gravitational anomaly. It makes walking almost impossible! To end our trip we took a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the colorful leaves. We stopped at what we thought was a Craft Store but ended up being one of the most gorgeous views I've ever seen. We walked around for a while and the boys played in the leaves. It was the perfect ending to a great day! 

One of the HUGE stalactites
 Outside of the Linville Caverns


Such a cutie!
On the "Mystery Platform"
In the "Mystery House" on Mystery Hill
It is so hard to stand up straight in the mystery house...
The human bubble
Me and my boys
Oh, isn't this beautiful??!
Grandma with Dylan and Evan
They enjoyed the mountains!


On the way home we all shared our favorite part of the trip.  Hearing everyone tell how much fun they had made every dime we spent totally worth it. I have to say though, my favorite part was absolutely free! Seeing the beautiful mountains covered in shades of yellow, red, orange, and brown was breath-taking. As I looked at the gorgeous sky line I recalled a verse I read this morning during my quiet time. Psalm 36:5-6 says, "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, Your justice like the great deep..." I am so thankful for the opportunity to spend such a fun day with my family in one of the prettiest places I've seen; a place that is symbolic of how amazing my heavenly Father is! Its so wonderful to gaze upon the mighty mountains and feel so close to my Lord. His creations absolutely amaze me but the fact that He cares about even the little details of my life, touches my heart.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes