Dreams come true...

While I was at Walmart today I noticed one of the parents of a child I taught in Kindergarten years ago. I glanced beside her and saw a little boy. I immediately thought, "oh look at Phillip, he looks exactly the same." Then I realized that there is no way that Phillip could look the same because I taught him 9 years ago! I looked up and saw a much older boy, also walking with his mom, and I realized that was actually Phillip. A much bigger, older version of him though. He was taller than me! Where in the world did the time go? 

As I looked at Phillip, I thought about how much has changed in my life since I was his kindergarten teacher. It was always a dream of mine to teach and God allowed me to live that dream for 5 whole years. Today, as I saw one of the students that I shared my dream with, I was filled with gratitude for those moments God gave me in my dream. More than that, I was grateful that God has given me a new dream and is in the process of fulfilling that dream. My God is so good! 

It is very uncommon for me to see former students or their parents because the school where I taught was 30 minutes away. So, seeing a former student was a sweet blessing. I didn't get to talk with him but just seeing one of my  students all grown up, knowing that I had an impact on his life, made my heart smile. Those years were worthwhile and truthfully, a dream come true. Now, as I teach my own children, my new dream is coming true. I am overwhelmingly grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes