Every season and size of life....

Today was a wonderfully chilly day. I absolutely love fall so I was super excited to feel the nip in the air. In fact, I got so excited that I decided to dig out all my fall and winter clothing. As I went through all my clothes, I realized that I have a TON of clothes! Don't get me wrong, I don't have lots of clothes that I actually wear. I just have a lot of clothes of many sizes, just in case I need them. Most women in their child bearing years can probably relate. I have pre-pregnancy clothes, maternity clothes, post pregnancy clothes, and some of every size between the biggest I've been and the littlest I've been. Since I hope to have another baby some day, I just can't justify getting rid of any of the clothes. I wouldn't want to buy them all over again! 

As I was looking through all those clothes, I realized that no matter what size I've been, I have never gone without clothes that fit. Even though I've never really had extra money to buy clothes with, somehow I have all these clothes. Honestly, when I look back, I'm not sure where all these clothes came from! God has always provided the clothes I've needed. Matthew 6:28-29 says, “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." Without even noticing it, God has provided the clothing I've needed for every season and size of my life just as He provides for the flowers in each season of their lives.

This is such a great metaphor for life. Regardless of where we are or whats going on, God is right there, providing all that we need. Half of the time, we don't even realize what He is up to. We don't need to worry about food, clothing, shelter, or anything else for that matter! God's got it all under control.

Today I am thankful for beautiful fall weather. I am also thankful for the warm winter clothes I was able to sort through today. Mostly, I am grateful for this example of how wonderful God's provision is. Through every aspect of life God is giving me all I need. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes