No Barriers

Today, as we were driving to Lexington, I was mesmerized by the clouds. They were absolutely gorgeous. For a while, the shadows made it look as if there was a huge glass ceiling that the clouds were laying against. It looked so odd. As I stared at those beautiful clouds, I kept thinking, even though it looks like there is a barrier between me and heaven, there isn't! There is no glass ceiling to break through to get to God. We just have to cry out to Him and He is right there!






Psalm 18:6 says, "But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears." Isn't it so wonderful that our cries for help and our songs of praise reach the ears of our King?!

As we were driving along a new song came on the radio. Its called, "Hold Nothing Back" by Ryan Stevenson. The chorus says, "Jesus, I don't want anything coming in between you and me. Jesus, it doesn't matter what I have to go through. I'm holding nothing back, nothing back from you." It made me realize that the only barriers between me and Jesus are ones that I create. I  don't want anything coming between me and Jesus so I have to be willing to hold NOTHING back. I have to surrender it all, continually and completely.


Today I am thankful for those amazing clouds that covered the sky this afternoon. I am also thankful that even though there was the appearance of a glass ceiling, there isn't! There is NO BARRIER between me and my Maker unless I build one. It seems like God would want to keep his distance from someone like me but He doesn't. He wants me to come closer all the time. He wants you to as well!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes