Free Time....

This afternoon, after dropping Dylan off at his LIFE classes, I had a whole lot of errands to run. I was done surprisingly quick and had about an hour until I had to pick up Dylan again. If you're a mother, you probably understand my unfamiliarity with this thing called "free time." I honestly wasn't sure what to do with myself. I considered going home or just reading in the car but as I was driving I passed by High Point City Lake park. I felt a sudden urge to take a walk in the park. I almost talked myself out of it but I ended up turning in the park and walking around the lake. It was an absolutely gorgeous afternoon. Spending a few minutes alone, taking in the beauty of the lake and autumn leaves was just what I needed. 

Wasn't it such a beautiful day??! 
I could have stayed out here all day

While I was breathing in the crisp air I was praying about several different issues in my life. I started to feel anxious and bothered. I asked God to give me eyes to see Him, to give me clarity and to help me feel His presence. I started noticing all these leaves falling around me and then I spotted something soaring, instead of falling. It was a breath-taking sight. I know I've seen eagles soaring through the sky before but something about the timing of this eagle, just touched my heart. Isaiah 40:31 immediately came to my mind. It says, "But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." I had just asked God to give me eyes to see Him and He did. I felt as if He was saying, "Tori, even when things around you seem to be falling, I will lift you up and carry you. I will give you strength." I couldn't take my eyes off of the eagle. I was overtaken by God's willingness to speak to me.

Its kind of hard to see but the eagle is flying right in the middle of the sky

Later in the day, I received some very frustrating news. My normal response would be agitation and worry. This time, however, my mind immediately pictured leaves falling all around and an eagle soaring high in the sky. No matter what happens, regardless of what falls all around, my God is carrying me. I am soaring high on wings like eagles. He is giving me strength to endure every trial and every piece of bad news.

Today I am thankful for some free time on a random Monday afternoon. That never happens. I believe these moments were orchestrated purposely because God knew how much I needed them. Oh, what a precious time it was. A sweet gift of solace from my Father. I am also thankful for a Heavenly Father that carries me and strengthens me. 

I can't believe I almost didn't pull into the park. I'm so glad I didn't miss such a special time by the lake. Please, let me encourage you, if God arranges a time of solace for you...take it! Its worth every minute of your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes