Happy Halloween!

We had an awesome time celebrating Halloween tonight. My brother and sister-in-love invited us to their church for a fall festival. My best friend Melissa (affectionately named "Mimi" by Evan) and her little boy, Shane, joined us at the festival. We had a lot of fun playing games, jumping in bouncy houses, collecting candy, and riding on a hayride. After the fall festival, we took the boys trick-or-treating. The boys loved showing off their costumes while saying "trick-or-treat!" 

This time last year I had been on bed rest for 2 weeks for a horrific spinal headache and it would be almost 2 more weeks before I was able to sit up! I didn't get to go to the trunk-or-treat or go trick-or-treating because I had to lay completely flat. I actually ended up in the hospital on Halloween night last year. Needless to say, this year was SOOO much better! I am so thankful to have been able to dress up and enjoy spending time with my friends and family. 


"Mimi" the cowgirl, Buzz Lightyear, Gru and his minion
Bob Ross and his "Happy Little Tree"
Me and my best friend, Melissa
The Potty Toss
Basketball fun!
Waiting on the hayride....
Mimi and Shane on the hayride
Me and my fellas on the hayride
My brother, Taft, sister-in-love, Christie, and precious nephew, Breaker.

Today I am thankful for an exciting evening with all these crazy characters. It was so funny to see everyone all dressed up! I am also thankful that so many churches in our community provide safe, fun activities for families to take part in. Our family doesn't care for all the ghostly, scary stuff that goes along with Halloween but we love the opportunity to dress up and eat candy! Mostly, I am grateful that God has brought me so far in a year. Last Halloween, I couldn't even help my boys get dressed up in their costumes. This year, I was able to dress up and go trick-or-treating with them! It seems so simple and maybe even a little silly but I am incredibly grateful to have been able to celebrate Halloween this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes