Good plans....

This morning, while driving in the car, Dylan said, "Do you know what I wanna be when I grow up, Mommy?" I responded, "What do you want to be baby?" He said, "I want to be the President and since the people in this country don't hear what God says anymore, I'm going to tell them everything God says." 

Oh wow, wouldn't that be amazing? We could use a good, godly president, couldn't we!?! 

There is no telling what God has in store for my precious sons but there is an incredible amount of comfort in knowing that His plans are good.  Joshua 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope."  This truth gives me peace in my own life as well. There are so many ups and downs and ins and outs in this life. As soon as one thing seems to go well, another thing seems to go wrong. Knowing that God's plans never change, that He is never surprised by what is going on around me, is such a blessing. 

Today I am thankful that before the beginning of time God had a plan for my life. He had a plan for Dylan's life. For Evan's life. For Bryan's life. And for your life. Even in the waiting and the uncertainties and the changes and the challenges, God's will doesn't change. He still loves us and is continuously working things out for good in our lives. I am so grateful for the calming effect that truth has on my soul. Regardless of what tomorrow brings, my God has the final say. He has good plans.

So whether Dylan becomes the president or a trash collector (which he has also said he'd like to be) I can know, without doubt, that God will use it for good.  God has such good plans for my boys and for my family. What a gift that is to this Mommy's heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes