Keep Nothing Back

Yesterday Dylan and I read Psalm 37:5 during the Bible portion of our school work. It says, "Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him and He will help you." Reading that verse left an impression on my heart. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. We read from the New Living Translation yesterday but since this verse has been playing over and over again in my mind, I decided to look it up in some other translations. I read several but my favorite was from the Message. It says, "Open up before God. Keep nothing back; He will do whatever needs to be done."

From time to time I get so used to things in my life that I forget to bring them to God in prayer. Like my back pain, for example. I have been dealing with this pain for over 4 years so sometimes I just deal with it and never even talk to God about it. The same is true with financial concerns, hurt feelings, fears, friendships, etc. I know God cares about these details but I tend to keep some of these things to myself. Yesterday, when I read that verse and explained it to Dylan, I felt God tap me on the shoulder. I was reminded that He wants me to commit everything to Him. He wants me to open up before Him and hold NOTHING back. There is so much freedom in that! I can give everything little thing to the only One who can really help me. Not only that, but I can trust Him with my "stuff" and know that He will do whatever needs to be done. 


I'll be honest, sometimes I feel like keeping things to myself is better overall. I mean, people are easily aggravated and inconvenienced and annoyed so I often keep things to myself. Knowing that my Savior wants me to keep nothing back, is such a precious thought! He isn't bothered by me or frustrated with me. He cares, truly. Today I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who wants me to come to Him with everything. There is no problem too big or too small. There is no emotion to silly or pointless. There is nothing about me that He doesn't care deeply about. I am so thankful for a God like that! There is no one like Him! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes