1-11-11...8 months later

8 months ago today I had L5S1 Disc Decompression and Spinal Fusion Surgery (fancy words to say that I had a disc removed and my spine fused). Today I am thankful for how far I've come in 8 months. There is still so much I cannot do but 8 months ago I couldn't do anything on my own. Poor Bryan had to take 6 weeks off of work to take care of me, he had to take me to the bathroom, help me sit up, sit down, stand up, and walk. I couldn't even turn over in the bed without help. Thank you Bryan for taking such good care of me. I really have come so far in 8 months!

As I sit on my couch, in a lot of pain, on my heating pad....I think about how easily discouraged I could be. My doctor thought I'd be much better by now. I'm still having incredible pain on a daily basis and the doctors believe I am at a "standstill." But, I know my God is in control and I believe that He has great things in store.  Although the surgery didn't "fix" me, I am glad I had it done. The pain I have now comes from my pelvic instability and SI joints...the disc pain is gone and the nerve pain in my legs is gone which is a true blessing! 8 months out, I'm pleased with where God has brought me and I'm expectantly waiting on Him. I can't wait to see what He has in store for me now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes