WE will carry Your name!

Evan and I took a trip to the grocery store this evening. On the way home, I was singing "Carry Your Name" by Christy Nockels. I looked back at Evan and he was "singing" along and had his hands raised up in the air. As I watched my 14 month old son mimic me, I was filled with joy. It was absolutely adorable.

My favorite part of the song says, "I will carry Your name, carry Your name. Jesus, Your name forever. For all of my days, in all of my ways, forever." As Evan and I sang these lyrics, I became abundantly grateful for the opportunity to raise the sons God has given me. Although I mess up in so many ways, I consider it a privilege to be Evan and Dylan's mommy and an even greater privilege to teach them about our great God!

I accepted Christ as my Savior in 1996 so I have been a believer for over half of my life but it wasn't until about 4 1/2 years ago that I decided to go "all-in" for Christ. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I am so glad that I fully surrendered my life before we had children because now, my greatest desire is raise godly children who love the Lord with all their heart. In the past, that would have been important but probably not the most important thing to me. Now, the song we were singing this evening is the perfect soundtrack for me. I will carry the name of Jesus and do my best to share my love for Jesus with my children. I love being able to worship God with my children starting at such a young age!


Today I am thankful for the ability to raise my boys and point them to Christ. I am also thankful for the timing of my complete surrender to Jesus. Because of my increasing faith, I have decided to carry Jesus' name above every name and teach my children of the great love and compassion of our Lord. May my family sing together, "WE will carry Your name, carry Your name. Jesus, Your name forever."

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15


Here is the song, in case you'd like to sing along






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes