God Hears Our Prayers

On Christmas Eve my brother's best friend was killed in a car accident. He was only 29 years old. He has a two year old little boy and was about to ask his girlfriend to marry him. Ronnie was not only my brother's friend, they also worked together and spent tons of time together. My brother and his wife are also the god-parents to Ronnie's little boy. It isn't hard to imagine how brokenhearted my brother and his wife are right now. Romans 12:15 says to "rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." For most of us, no one needs to tell us to mourn with others; we just do. But I believe the Bible reassures us that it is ok to mourn with those who mourn because those who mourn often feel so alone, they need the people around them to mourn with them. Every time this tragedy has crossed my mind today I have wept. This is just so hard for everyone involved. My heart breaks for them. I wish I could make it all go away but, I can't. I can, however, pray for peace and comfort on their behalf.

In a time like this the only thing that can help is the peace and comfort of God. He is the ONLY ONE who can give the peace that surpasses understanding. He is the ONLY ONE that mend a broken heart. So, I have been lifting my brother, and all the others touched by this tragedy, up in prayer. I have been asking God to wrap His arms around them and allow them to feel His presence. The reason we can know God hears our prayers is because He has promised it in His Word and God cannot lie. The Bible says in 1 John 5:14-15, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And ... we know that we have what we asked of him." Even though the pain doesn't evaporate, I trust that God is providing comfort in ways that only He can because I know He hears our prayers.

Today I am thankful that God hears our prayers. We can cry out to Him and know that He is listening. We are living in such difficult times and we  desperately need our Heavenly Father. Thankfully, He is always near and always at work. I am also grateful that I can approach the throne of God on behalf of those I love, as I mourn with them in their time of loss. 

Precious Heavenly Father, there are so many in our midst that are dealing with great loss and overwhelming grief. I pray that they would feel Your hand at work in this situation and that they might sense Your presence at all times. I pray that you would cover them with Your peace and fill them with Your love even now. May each one grow closer to you as they experience Your comfort throughout this difficult time. Thank you for hearing our prayers and being faithful to answer us. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.




Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/22/3772348/billy-graham-god-has-promised.html#storylink=cpy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes