My light will NOT be hidden!

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." 
Matthew 5:14

This morning when I checked my email I came across a very rude anonymous comment from a reader of this blog. This person had very strong opinions about how I should raise my children. This person even said, "So for god's sake, layoff the Jesus stuff. Let him make up his own mind. Cause it's going to come back and bite you in the derriere." I have to admit, as soon as I read this comment, I got angry. My first instinct was to respond and defend myself but, God had other things in mind. 

As I drove to church this morning, I couldn't stop thinking about what had been said regarding my blog. I just kept thinking, "if you don't like it, why are you even reading it?" Then, I felt God whisper to my soul, "Tori, stop worrying about what others think. When that person was reading your blog, he read truth about God, Jesus, and the Bible, whether he liked it or not!" My attitude immediately changed from aggravation to gratitude. My negative thoughts turned to prayers for the writer of such hateful words.

In church this morning, we sang one of my favorite songs, "The Great I AM." My favorite line in this song says:

"The mountains shake before Him
The demons run and flee
At the mention of the name,
King of Majesty.
There is no power in hell
or any who can stand
before the power and the presence of the Great I AM,
The Great I AM, The Great I AM!"

Hearing this song this morning just reinforced in my heart that nothing can stand against the power and the presence of The Great I AM! Satan wants to discourage me and he wants to continue blinding the writer of that comment BUT, at the mention of His name, the demons must run and flee! Hallelujah!

Today I am thankful that I have the opportunity to speak truth to all those who read this blog. I am grateful to be the light of the world as stated in Matthew 5:14. Regardless of what anyone says or thinks, I will NEVER stop praising my Heavenly Father and I will NEVER stop teaching my children about Him! My light will not be hidden because someone doesn't agree. I will, however, pray daily for the salvation of my comment writer. May God do whatever it takes to draw this person to Himself. May Jesus fill his heart with a love and peace that cannot be humanly explained!


Comments

  1. Tori...you are obviously hitting home the Truth about Jesus..Gods own Son. To unbelievers the Truth hurts..they have to look at themselves and that can be too painful so the enemy gives them someone else to get at..bless you for this beautiful blog that declares Jesus as your (our) Lord and Saviour. When people abuse what you write..you are planting seeds..and God will water and encourage growth. Amen. Bye for now.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes