As the mountains surround Jerusalem...

"Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
    which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people
    both now and forevermore." Psalm 125:1-2



I came across this verse during my quiet time this morning. I was really amazed by the words "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people." I pondered this verse for a bit and thought about how strong and enduring mountains are. They are not easily moved. They are not wavering. They are not here one day and gone the next. Mountains are constant. The verse says that the Lord surrounds us just the way the mountains surround Jerusalem. There are actually 7 mountains surrounding Jerusalem. So, the city isn't partially surrounded, just as God doesn't partially surround us. We are fully covered, fully protected by His love and His presence.



Old Man Lake, Glacier National Park


When I look at the picture above, I am able to get a clearer idea of God's presence surrounding me. I can imagine God's arms covering me and protecting me from the outside world, from all sides. I can relate to God's constant and overwhelming presence. I am able to be better understand that His love is enduring and unwavering.

Today I am thankful that God's love is constant, strong, and never-ending. Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem, God, Himself surrounds me both now and forever more. That is so comforting to me. It gives me such freedom to know that God isn't going anywhere. He is continuously with me, continuously protecting me, and constantly loving me

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for this verse and the breakdown therein. Last night the verse kept coming to my mind and I didnt know where it was until I googled and found it this morning. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow me too. God dropped this verse in my spirit two days ago. Have been confessing it to myself and praying with it. Just Google it now and found your blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something
    which helled me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Informative article, totally what I needed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes