Farewell 2012...


This has been an eventful year to say the least. I started off the year with whooping cough. We got hardwood floors and repainted our entire house.We had a wonderful family vacation in Williamsburg, VA. Dylan turned 4 years old and started homeschool with me. Bryan and I celebrated our 8th year of marriage. Bryan's job changed unexpectedly. I spent 4 days in the hospital and had my gallbladder removed. I turned the big 3-0 and Bryan threw me a amazing surprise party! We watched our littlest boy turn into a toddler. I spent 3 weeks on bedrest due to a horrific spinal headache. We attended several funerals. We traveled to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful Christmas together as a family and added 2 little furry critters to our home (guinea pigs, Tippy and Chester.) 

Because of all those "big" things that occurred this year, I have seen God at work in amazing ways! God's provision has been wonderful, His comfort has been constant, and His presence has been obvious! I have to admit, a lot of the things we endured and witnessed others endure, have caused a lot fear and worry. There are many reasons to be fearful as we start another year but John 14:27 says, ""Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." After mediating on this verse I know, regardless of what is occurring all around us, God is in complete control, Jesus is continuously offering His peace, and we have nothing to worry about. 

Some of the events of this year haven't been fun but I wouldn't change a thing because I know God has us right where He wants us. So, I say farewell to 2012 and because of the peace Jesus offers, I welcome 2013 with open arms. I can't wait to see what God has in store for my family. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes