MOMS (Mothers of Many Seasons)

MOMS ( Mothers of Many Seasons) is a group of ladies from all seasons of life that gather together to learn about our Heavenly Father, enjoy fellowship with other mothers and eat a lot of yummy food! I had the pleasure of attending MOMS today, as I try to do every Thursday. Today, however, was a little different. At the end of each semester we have "Taste and Tell" at MOMS. Everyone brings their favorite brunch dish and lots of women share what MOMS has meant to them throughout the semester. I always enjoy "Taste and Tell" but today was extra special. As I listened to my sisters in Christ share about what has been going on their lives, I was amazed by their stories. These ladies have awesome testimonies of God's faithfulness! Some of these women have suffered through divorce, the death of children, spouses who have committed suicide, losing their eye sight, job loss and even abuse. Yet all of these courageous women shared how God has carried them through their difficulties and blessed them through the fellowship and messages shared at MOMS.

As mothers, we often get caught up in our busy lives and easily forget that everyone is dealing with something. We greet one another and say, "Oh, I'm fine" but in reality, many of us aren't fine. As I listened today, I became abundantly aware that all humans are in desperate need of a Savior, a Healer, a Provider, and a Comforter. I couldn't help but praise God for His faithfulness to each and every one of His children! He loves each of each and is at work in the details of each of our lives. That just blows my mind! 

Today I am thankful for MOMS. This ministry has been such a blessing to me over the past 2 and 1/2 years. I realized today that God is using this ministry as a wonderful blessing to all the women who attend. We are all struggling with different things, suffering in different ways, and in need of different things but God is able to use this one ministry to bless us all. I am also grateful to have met so many beautiful ladies while attending MOMS. We inspire each other with our stories and testimonies and we point one another to Jesus! It doesn't get better than that!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes