Ten Specific Things

 OneCry is a movement of believers who are urgently crying out to God to revive the church and transform the culture.  OneCry participants are choosing to believe that extraordinary things will happen as we turn from sin and seek God together!  I've been receiving a text message each day from OneCry as a part of the Text-Prayer Challenge. Everyday at noon, OneCry participants receive prayer directives and cry out to God together.

The text message I received today said, "A lack of gratefulness is the first step toward cultural demise (Romans 1: 21) Reverse the trend today by thanking God specifically for ten things."

So, I figured since this is right up my alley, I might as well share my 10 specific things. I encourage you to think of ten specific things you are thankful for also. 


Here it goes...


1-My salvation
2-My ever-growing, ever-changing, life-altering relationship with Christ
3-My husband, Bryan
4-My sons, Dylan and Evan
5-The freedoms we enjoy as Americans
6-Our home and all of the comforts we enjoy (electricity, air conditioner, running water, furniture, cars, refridgerators full of food, clothes, etc)
7-Music (I absolutely love to worship God through music!)
8-The Bible (I have recently fallen in love with the Word and the way God uses it to speak to me personally.)
9-My parents
10-My back injury- God has overwhelmingly blessed me by allowing this back injury to change my life. I am now exactly where He wants me. The pain stinks but it is totally worth it!


“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — William Arthur Ward


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes