"And never let you go..."

We've been having a wonderful time on our vacation. This is one of the best trips we've taken. There are so many fun things to do in Williamsburg and most of them aren't very expensive. Since it was raining yesterday, we spend the day at Magiquest. Dylan had his own magic wand and completed a pretty complicated scavenger hunt. Once he found all the items, he was able to fight the dragon! He really enjoyed himself and did really well at the scavenger hunt. Today we went on a Pirate Cruise. All of the kids were able to help raise the sails, steer the ship, and fire a cannon. Plus, the staff were dressed like pirates and spoke like pirates too. Dylan really liked it! Once we arrived back on land, we spent the afternoon at the Yorktown River Beach. I absolutely love this type of beach because the waves are small, the breeze is wonderful, there is no under current, and the bathroom is only about 20 feet away. Its really perfect for a family with small children. It was Evan's first time in the sand and the water and there was no doubt that he had fun! Dylan really enjoyed himself as well. He didn't want to leave! Tonight we had dinner at Christiana Campbell's Tavern. This was George Washington's favorite place to dine when he visited Williamsburg. The staff dresses in authentic 1700's attire and food is similar to what they would have actually eaten in those days. We had a very nice dinner, 1700's style! After dinner we enjoyed some time at one of our resort's pool.

Dylan with his wand at Magiquest

Our family on the Pirate Cruise

Evan's first time in the sand and water

Playing in the sand on the River Beach

Dinner at George Washington's favorite
 place to eat in Williamsburg

 I know Dylan is also enjoying the trip because tonight, while I was tucking him in, he said the sweetest thing.We were talking about the things we had done already this week and what we would be doing tomorrow when he reached up, grabbed my neck and said, "I am going to cling to you and never let you go!" He held onto me for a few minutes and said "I love you Mommy and I love being here with you." Awww, my hearts melts again just thinking about it! 

That's what its all about! That's why I love taking vacations! Having fun together as a family and making memories that will last a lifetime... is priceless! Today I am thankful for the ability to take this vacation with my family. It is such a blessing to be able to get a way from the hustle and bustle of everyday life to spend a week doing fun and exciting things with the ones I love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes