Children need their fathers!

I'm sure a lot of people probably don't realize the impact a father's presence has on a child. Here are a few statistics from the US Health Department that clearly prove the important role a father plays.

*63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes

*90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes 

*85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes 

*80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes

*71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes

*75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes

*70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes 

*85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes 

Its pretty clear that children need their fathers. Without dads, children's lives are often negatively impacted. God created families with a mother and a father so, I guess that is why the absence of a Daddy is a pretty big deal in the lives our kiddos. Its rare these days to find godly men who are making an effort to raise godly children. Today, I am grateful that my husband is one of those men! I am thankful that my boys have a father who is a great role model that is not ashamed of his faith and enjoys spending time with his family. My boys are truly blessed and so am I!

Enjoying cheesecake with Daddy at Amoroso's Bakery for Father's Day

Sharing with Evan....he loves chocolate (we all do actually)

He isn't sure about the cold drink though...

Dylan loved celebrating Father's Day today. He loves his Daddy.

Thank you, Bryan, for loving our boys and for being such a good father. Happy Father's Day! We love you!

Comments

  1. Tori: You've been an inspiration to both Millie and me. Couldn't agree more with this post. Makes you wonder where the advocates for fathers are, doesn't it? In stead our society condones and "pays" mothers to have children out of wedlock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim! I agree, we need advocates for fathers! Its too bad that our society views single parents as the "norm." I was a teacher for 5 years and in most cases, the kids lived in a single parent home. It was obvious when a child had both parents at home. Those children were more adjusted and confident in themselves. I wish all children could experience what God intended.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes