Food for Thought

Last night, after a nice day by the beach and pool, we went to dinner at a really neat place in Williamsburg called Food for Thought. Not only were the food and service outstanding, but they also had "table talk" cards at each table, which are conversation starters or ask/tell games.
Some examples of the cards include:
If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move and why?
What is your dream job?
Share a time when you felt nearest to God.
Would you rather see a movie, a parade, or a magic show?
Tootsie Rolls have been around for more than 100 years. The candymaker named them after his daughter, Tootsie. If you were a candymaker, what type of candy would you invent and who would you name it after?

My favorite "table talk" idea was  - Go around the table and tell each person why you are grateful they are a part of your family. Dylan started by saying the he is glad Evan is in our family because he is so cute and precious. He said he's glad Bryan is in our family because he loves playing with him and he is glad to have me in his family because I rock him a few minutes before bed each night and I make him feel happy. Bryan and I each took turns telling why we love each person in our family as well.  Life can get so busy, sometimes we rush past the opportunties to tell our loved ones how much they mean to us. It was so nice to take a few minutes to share what we appreciate about each family member. It was a special ending to our family vacation.

Today I am thankful for the "table talk" game. I loved hearing my family share what we appreciate about one another. Whether its silly stuff or very important things, I think the time we spend talking with one another is priceless. I'm also very excited that I found these cards online to purchase, I might buy some to put on our kitchen table!

By the way, Evan had to speak up during "table talk" last night as well. He said "Ma-ma" for the first time during our dinner! I was so excited to hear that little voice calling out my name. (yes, I consider "ma-ma" my name!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes