The story is Yours, I'm just a page



I heard Matt Hammitt's song, "Bring You Praise" this afternoon in the car. I've heard it several times before but I've never really noticed the third verse. It says, 

"Before I was born, You numbered my days
The story is yours, I'm just a page
With every word I want to proclaim
Let my life proclaim
Let it bring You praise, bring You praise."



As I listened to that verse, I was overwhelmed. The story of life is God's and I am only one page of His story. Its easy to get hung up on "me, me, me" in this life but if we remember that we are only one page of God's story, it might just put things in perspective. I only have one life, one "page," and I want every word of it to proclaim God's love and goodness. I want my one and only "page" in God's book to scream that I love Him, that He is the most important thing, and that no matter what, I will praise Him.

Today I am thankful that the story is God's. It really doesn't matter what everyone else is doing or saying, God is the One writing this story! I can trust Him because He is the Author of Life! I am also thankful that the tone of my "page" is up to me, no one else. I can be mad at the world, irritable and annoyed, critical and rude, somber and frustrated OR I can choose to be joyful, happy, full of love, selfless, and utterly amazed by God's love. It doesn't matter what anyone else's "page" looks like or even what my "page" has looked like in the past. Today, right now, I want every word of my "page" to praise the name of my Heavenly Father! I am grateful to be a "page" in His book and for the opportunity to let the joy He has given me rub off on the "pages" that surround me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes