Where are all the fathers?

We went to "Build and Grow" at Lowe's this morning. Dylan was able to build a caboose with his daddy! As I stood across the room with Evan, I looked around and couldn't help but ask the question...where are all the fathers? There were more women helping their sons build the cabooses than there were men. I admire these women for stepping up and taking their sons to do masculine activities but this is really a father/son activity. Without a doubt, some of the kid's fathers are working or out of town but I'm sure that isn't the case for all of these little guys. I can only pray that these young fellows have some sort of father figure in their lives.

Today I am thankful that my boys have a godly male influence in their lives. Their father desires to spend time with them and to teach them how to become strong men of God. I am so grateful that my boys have such a great daddy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes