I want the world to know it!

On New Year's Eve, 15 years ago, Bryan and I were both baptized. Baptism is a symbolic picture of what occurs through salvation. When I chose to accept Christ as my Savior, I died to my old life and became alive to a new life. Baptism is a representation of sin being washed away and it is also a statement to the world saying, "I follow Christ and I want everyone to know it." Baptism is also a step of obedience to scripture. Matthew 28:19 says “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I am so glad that I made the choice 15 years ago to be baptised. Although I did have a few years of back-sliding and making some poor choices, making the choice to place my faith in God has been the best choice I've ever made. 

To me, being a Christian isn't just about going to church or reading a devotional or posting a Bible verse as my Facebook status. Being a Christian is about realizing that the Creator of the Universe loves me, created me, pursues me, and desires to have a relationship with me. Its about living my life for Him with a constant desire to bring Him glory. Its about praising Him even in the worst situations and trusting Him even when I can't see Him at work. 

I have had a rough couple of days with the passing of my grandmother, being hurt and let down by someone close to me, and dealing with lots of back pain. Its times like these that I am so glad to have a Savior and Friend in Jesus. He loves and comforts me, gives me peace, and will NEVER let me down. In each phase of life, all the ups and the downs, God is with me.


Today I am thankful for my relationship with Christ. I am a follower of Christ and I want the world to know it! My baptism 15 years ago was that statement to the world but I want my life, my faith, my love towards others to show that daily. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes