What a gift!

I've been thinking a lot about Mary lately. Since I recently carried and gave birth to a son, I have some things in common with Mary. I have experienced the joy of carrying a little boy in my womb, anxiously awaiting his arrival, feeling him kick and push inside me, and watching him enter the world. I have also enjoyed watching him as he sleeps, rubbing his sweet little face, rocking him as he cries, and singing to him to as he smiles. Mary and I have all of these things in common but I have to wonder, how did Mary feel knowing that she held the Savior of the world?

Jesus would one day walk on water, heal the sick, make the lame walk, calm a storm, make the blind see, and die on a cross to save mere men. Its hard to believe that He was once a sweet little baby that cried and cooed. As Mary held him in her arms did she know who He would become, how God would use Him? Could she have really realized that she had given birth to Lord of Creation, the Ruler of Heaven and Earth? How awesome yet humbling that must of been!

On this night, Christmas Eve, I am praising God for his precious gift...Jesus! I am amazed that he chose a simple young woman to carry and give birth to this precious little boy. Today I am thankful that God sent his Son to be born as men are born and to die so that men might have life. What a sacrifice! What a gift!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes